Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Stomach Cancer

It is critical to have open and honest discussions with your doctor about your illness. You should always feel free to ask any question, no matter how insignificant it may appear. Here are some questions to ask your doctor if you have been diagnosed with stomach cancer, says the best surgical oncologist in Kolkata.

best surgical oncologist in Kolkata


When diagnosed with stomach cancer

• What type of stomach cancer am I suffering from?

• What is the location of cancer in my stomach?

• What is my cancer's stage and what does it mean in my case?

• Are there any other tests that must be performed before making a treatment decision?

• Will I need to see any other doctors?

• How long have you been treating this type of cancer?

When deciding on a treatment strategy

• What are my treatment options?

• What are the risks or side effects of the treatments you recommend? How long do you think they'll last?

• How will the treatment affect my day-to-day life? Will it have an impact on how I eat?

While undergoing treatment

You'll need to know what to expect and look for once treatment begins. Not all of these questions will apply to you, but knowing the answers to the ones that do will be beneficial, says the best cancer doctor in Kolkata.

• How will I know whether the treatment is effective?

• Is there anything I can do to alleviate side effects?

• What side effects or symptoms should I immediately notify you of?

• How can I contact you or someone on your team late at night, on weekends, or holidays?

• Do I need to alter my diet during treatment?

Following treatment

• Are there any restrictions on what I can do?

• What symptoms should I be on the lookout for?

• Should I exercise or eat a specific diet?

• What type of follow-up will I require following treatment?

• How will we know if cancer has returned? What should I keep an eye out for?

Make a list of your own questions to go along with these, says the stomach cancer doctor in Kolkata.

Post a Comment

0 Comments