How The Best Oncologist Helped Me Overcome Colon Cancer

I am Manisha and I am 52 years old. I am a working woman and a mother of two. When I was 39, it was found that I was suffering from colon cancer. I was dealing with bleeding and irregular bowel movements, which led to diarrhoea, abdominal discomfort and weakness which lasted for a few weeks. When I told my best friend about it, she suggested that I consult a doctor as soon as possible. We went to our family doctor and he told me to get a few tests done. The reports said that I had stage two colon cancer and he referred me to the best surgical oncologist in Kolkata. I was utterly devastated at that time, but he was very kind and supportive to me.

best surgical oncologist in Kolkata

He told me I needed to undergo surgery followed by chemotherapy and he answered all my questions about the whole process. He was clear about the side effects and I liked that he was not hiding anything from me regarding my treatment. I underwent surgery and subsequently was treated with chemotherapy for six months. He and the other medical staff were very friendly and supportive towards me. The following year I was found to be cancer-free. When I was diagnosed with colon cancer, I used to feel sorry about myself. But now that I have won the battle against it, I feel brave and I think that I can overcome any problem in my life. Cancer is a horrible thing and I have missed out on a lot of things because of it. But you have to keep going for the light at the end of the tunnel. I thank my family, friends and my doctor for showing me that light. He is the best surgical oncologist in Kolkata.

Post a Comment

0 Comments